This course aims to explore the importance of recognising and valuing equality and diversity in the workplace and community. It will enable staff to understand how their actions/inactions can result in discrimination either consciously or via ‘unwitting racism’.
- Explain the meaning of the terms Equality and Diversity
- List the nine protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010
- Identify recognised Human Rights and how this impacts on their role
- Discuss the negative and positive impact of labels or stereotyping
- Explain the meaning of ‘unwitting racism’
- Explain the importance of inclusive language
- Identify inclusive language
- List five challenges to communications
- List five solutions to reducing challenges to communication
- Identify own self development needs (reflection)
This course is delivered in-house for a flat charge of £295 for up to twenty delegates attending. All certificates and materials are included. No VAT is charged.
Book this course
Please use the buttons below to book your course. Enter your details to book a course and you will receive a confirmation email.
Please ensure you have read our Terms of Service before booking