Bookings, Alterations, Cancellations – Courses
If you wish to reschedule, you have 7 days before the start of the course or the full cost of the course will be chargeable. For alterations to the time, please give at least 24 hours.
If you wish to cancel, please give 14 days notice or the full cost of the course will be chargeable.
Where a course has a prerequisite certification, this must be proved before the course starts. The First Aid at Work Requalification and the First Aid Annual Update both have prerequisites. The certificate can either be emailed or produced on the day. If no certificate is produced, you will not be allowed to start the course.
Where an outside governing body ratifies a qualification such as the Ofqual, HSE or Ofsted, there are strict rules placed upon us which must be met. These will be detailed in the joining instructions which will be emailed before the course starts. Failure to meet timekeeping requirements will be deemed as a failure to attend the course.
Data Protection Policy
The information you provide will only be used for the purpose of you attending a course and its requalification. It will not be used for any other purpose or be passed on to any other organisation, except where registration is required in order for a certificate to be awarded.
Limit of Liability
Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by the negligence of First Emergence Ltd, we shall not be liable by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent) or implied warranty condition or other term, or any duty at common law or under the express terms of this agreement, for any loss of profit or any indirect special or consequential loss, cost expenses or other claims for compensation. The entire liability of First Emergence Ltd to you under or in connection with this agreement and the provision of the first aid training shall not exceed the sum of twice the contract value.
Participant Code of Conduct & Terms of Service
First Emergence Ltd delivers professional training to high standards in line with regulatory and awarding body requirements. Mandatory subjects are delivered in short sessions and it is important that each participant is fully engaged in the session and is focused on their training. In order to ensure that each participant gains the most from the session and that training and assessment standards are met we would like to advise you of the following Code of Conduct and Terms of Service:
- Sessions start promptly as per the scheduled booking agreement. Please arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the start time
- Late comers will not be admitted to the session
- Mobile phones should be switched off during the session or on silent/vibrate
- Urgent calls should be taken away from the training area
- Repeated interruptions to the session as a result of repeated phone calls/texting/reception duties etc. will mean we cannot award certification
- Participants attendance is required for the whole session
- Sessions are interactive and participants will be required to demonstrate skills and/or join in discussion groups and activities
- Participants should inform the trainer at the start of the session if they have any medical conditions which may prevent or restrict them in demonstrating skills
- Where a course is workbook based, participants will be required to complete the workbook as evidence of learning
- The training environment must be separate from any customer / patient contact to avoid disruption / interruption and maintain confidentiality
Where practical activities are required, adequate floor space must be available, tables cleared in advance, floor to be clean
Should participants not adhere to the above code of conduct we may be required to ask them to leave the session or to end the training session.